Each horn fly drains blood and profits from your herd 20 to 30 times per-day. Other flies, such as face flies, stable flies, and house flies are known carriers of costly diseases such as pinkeye and mastitis. Their annoyance and irritation to cattle interferes with normal grazing patterns and reduces weaning and yearling weight gain. Economic losses to cattle producers due to fly problems have been estimated at more than $800 million annually.
This year, instead of reacting after the flies arrive, take control of the problem before it starts. Around-the-clock fly control is possible with ROLYX™ low-moisture block supplements from CRYSTALYX.® Each contain performance-proven RABON® Oral Larvicide.
HOW ROLYX™ WORKS
A. Livestock consume RABON® as they lick ROLYX.™
B. The RABON® passes through the animal’s digestive system.
C. Livestock manure now contains RABON® that kills larvae before they reach the fly stage.
TWO ROLYX™ BLOCK SUPPLEMENTS TO CHOOSE FROM:
ROLYX™ supplements also provide the advantages of every other CRYSTALYX® Brand Supplement, including:
- Self-feeding blocks mean “around-the-clock” protection, yet daily consumption is highly controlled
- Saves time and labor in feeding large or small herds
- Compatible with all feeding programs in confined lots or pasture conditions
- Highly palatable molasses helps ensure uniform consumption
- Consistent consumption = fly control
BENEFITS OF FLY CONTROL PROGRAM
- The benefits of an effective fly control program include:
- Cattle spend time grazing and not congregating
- Cows produce more milk
- Calves grow faster
- Cows have better breedback
- Fewer health problems
Controlling flies helps the bottom line. Some studies have shown that an effective fly control program can provide a $40 payback per cow/calf pair.