- Extra vitamin and trace mineral fortification helps develop strong, healthy, newborn calves and quality colostrum
- Naturally self-limiting, low-moisture block delivery cannot be bitten or chewed
- BIOPLEX chelated/organic trace minerals are better able to meet the nutrient requirements of high producing cows
- Trace mineral and vitamin nutrition available 24/7
- Low calcium and moderate phosphorus to improve calcium status, i.e. able to mobilize calcium preventing milk fever
- Ideal for dry dairy cows
- Can help improve dry matter intake in the dry period which can improve energy status at calving and help prevent metabolic issues
BIOPLEX® is a registered trademark of Alltech
CRYSTALYX Blueprint Dry Cow Formula block supplement is designed for self-feeding at the start of the dry period, along with a long-stem, low calcium forage. Continue feeding until freshening, or replace with CRYSTALYX Close-Up Formula during the final three weeks of the dry period.
Place containers in areas that achieve desired supplement intake. Feed at the rate of one container for every 20-30 head. A minimum of two (2) containers may be necessary in each lot or pasture to ensure proper accessibility. Self-fed consumption will depend on size of animals fed, seasonal weather conditions, as well as quality, source and availability of other feeds. Dairy cattle typically consume between 140 and 340 grams per head per day.
ALL CONSUMPTION FIGURES STATED HERE ARE APPROXIMATE. PROVIDE FREE ACCESS TO CLEAN, FRESH WATER AT ALL TIMES. CRYSTALYX BLUEPRINT DRY COW FORMULA CONTAINS NO SALT. LIMIT SALT INTAKE TO NO MORE THAN 3- GRAMS PER HEAD DAILY DURING THE DRY PERIOD.
|Crude Protein, Min||15.00%|
|Non-Protein Nitrogen (NPN), Max||10.00%|
|Crude Fat, Min||3.00%|
|Crude Fiber, Max||2.00%|
|Cobalt, Min||40 mg/kg|
|Copper, Min||625 mg/kg|
|Iodine, Min||50 mg/kg|
|Manganese, Min||2,500 mg/kg|
|Zinc, Min||2,500 mg/kg|
|Flourine, Max||70 mg/kg|
|Vitamin A, Min||440,000 IU/kg|
|Vitamin D-3, Min||88,000 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E, Min||3,080 IU/kg|