- GFR = Garlic Fly Repellent
- This product contains garlic that can help repel flies on beef cattle, equines and bison on pasture
- The consistent intake and palatability of CRYSTALYX makes it an excellent vehicle to deliver garlic to your cattle
- Allicin – the active ingredient in garlic extract – is broken down into several sulfur compounds which passes through the blood to the skin and lungs and releases a garlic odor
- A study in Saskatchewan discovered cow-calf pairs which received garlic had 52-56% less flies on average than 2 control groups during the summer months
Place containers in areas that achieve desired supplement intake. Once acceptable intake levels have been achieved, the containers may be moved to underutilized pasture areas to improve grazing distribution and forage utilization. Feed at the rate of one container for every 20-30 head. A minimum of two (2) containers may be necessary in each lot or pasture to ensure proper accessibility. Self-fed consumption will depend on size of the animals fed, seasonal weather conditions, as well as quality, source and availability of other feeds. Cattle and bison typically consume between 0.3 and 0.75 pounds per head per day.
ALL CONSUMPTION FIGURES STATED HERE ARE APPROXIMATE. PROVIDE FREE ACCESS TO CLEAN, FRESH WATER AT ALL TIMES. CRYSTALYX MINERAL-LYX GFR SUPPLEMENT CONTAINS NO SALT. PROVIDE SALT IN THE RATION OR FREE CHOICE.
CAUTION: USE ONLY AS DIRECTED. Consumption of selenium should not exceed 3 mg per head daily.
WARNING: This product, which contains added copper, should not be fed to sheep or any species that have a low tolerance to supplemental copper.
NOTE: CRYSTALYX Brand Supplements deliver a continuous supply of nutrients and are designed as a supplement to the animal’s diet. When quantity or quality of other feedstuffs is limited, supplemental nutrients in addition to those provided by CRYSTALYX Brand Supplements may be required. In situations where additional nutrients are needed, contact your feed representative for specific recommendations.
|Crude Protein, Min||4.0%|
|Crude Fat, Min||3.0%|
|Crude Fiber, Max||3.0%|
|Salt, Min||none added|
|Cobalt, Min||5 ppm|
|Copper, Min||500 ppm|
|Iodine, Min||25 ppm|
|Manganese, Min||2,000 ppm|
|Selenium, Min||8.8 ppm|
|Zinc, actual||1,500 ppm|
|Vitamin A, Min||100,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin D-3, Min||10,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E, Min||100 IU/lb|
Molasses products, monocalcium phosphate, dicalcium phosphate, processed grain by-products, magnesium oxide, calcium carbonate, hydrolyzed vegetable oil, garlic powder, manganese sulfate, roughage products, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, selenium yeast, manganous oxide, zinc oxide, brewer’s dried yeast, ethylenediamine dihydroiodide, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate, vitamin A supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, mineral oil.